We offer numerous classes of products and strategies to the pre and post-retirement community. We are an independent advisory that specializes in finding the best products for our clients that don’t participate in any downside risk or market loss. Investment products such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, exchange traded funds, reits, and commodities participate in downside risk and potential market loss. Many investors, even without incurring any loss, often experience anxiety when thinking about the potential losses from these investments. Listed below are the classes of products we work with as alternatives to exposing our clients assets to downside risk. While it would be too difficult to list all the individual products and features we work with, here are some of the asset classes we use to offset market based risk:
Not all investors are completely risk averse. For those investors that are willing to take on some level of risk, we do have multiple professional associates that offer money management in the market. Investment strategies can be customized and tailored to fit the client’s specific goals.
Money Markets: We offer high yield money markets with check book access.
Checking/Savings: We offer high yield checking and savings accounts.
Money Markets: We offer high yield money markets with check book access.
Market-Linked Certificates of Deposit: We offer market-linked certificates of deposit with terms currently ranging between five to seven years.
Medicare Supplemental Insurance: We offer our clients all Medicare supplemental insurance plans, as well as, Medicare advantage and HMO plans.
Long Term Care Insurance: We feel that every client should have a sound chronic illness plan. Long term care insurance is the best solution for many clients to address this issue. We are expert at customizing an affordable and appropriate plan for our clients.
Fixed Annuities: There are hundreds of fixed annuities offered by insurance carriers. We position fixed annuities that offer either the highest yields, best rider features, or the highest liquidity with our clients. Fixed annuities are a safe money option that works very well for many of our clients.
Immediate Annuities: Immediate annuities work in very specific situations. We are always aware of the carriers that offer the highest payouts for our clients. Immediate annuity payout rates change monthly. If an immediate annuity is appropriate for a client, we will always secure the highest rate.
Equity-Indexed Annuities: Equity-indexed annuities are hybrid annuities that offer the best features of all annuities. They have the guarantees of fixed annuities, the upside potential of variable annuities and numerous carriers offer indexed annuities with income riders that secure income guarantees like an immediate annuity.
Term Life Insurance: We offer term insurance policies as an independent insurance broker. Term rates change regularly. We utilize all available channels of term insurance delivery to secure the lowest current term insurance rates for our clients.
Simplified Whole Life: We have seen tremendous recent progress in the available features offered on these products. They are funded through a single or limited pay premium schedule. We especially like to position this product for the tax efficiency and liquidity of this class of product.
Whole Life Insurance: We offer whole life insurance. For the majority of our clients, this product has very little application. Whole life insurance is used for cash accumulation. We rarely position life insurance for cash accumulation.
- Universal Life Insurance: We regularly position universal life insurance to create a tax efficient transfer of wealth. These policies can be funded with flexible premium payments. They can be funded to create cash accumulation with premium payments similar to whole life insurance or funded with very little cash accumulation with premium payments similar to term life insurance.
- Survivorship Life Insurance (Second-to-die): Second to die life insurance policies are policies where the insurance carrier pays the death benefit only after the second person on the policy dies. We position this class of insurance as one of the best ways to create the greatest leverage and tax efficiency for the transfer of wealth. This policy is typically establish in an irrevocable trust to avoid potential estate taxes, as well as, income taxes.
Equity-Indexed Life Insurance: Equity-Indexed Life insurance is designed to credit cash value growth based upon the performance of a stock market index with no downside market risk. This performance feature can be found in all classes of life insurance policies.
Structured Settlements: Structured Settlements are guaranteed income streams that are purchased at a discount. Structured Settlements are typically created when someone settles a liability claim and the award is paid out over time in “structured” payments instead of a lump sum. These payments are guaranteed and processed by major insurance carriers.
The recipients of the original settlement can sell their future interest in these payments. Another investor: an individual, trust or institution can buy these payments, usually at an attractive discount for cash today.
The process is completed through a friendly court hearing which will cause the payments to be diverted from the original claimant to the new investor.
We position these products to secure income for our clients or for a safe place to get higher yield.
Availability of structured settlement inventory can fluctuate dramatically depending upon economic environments.
Lottery Payments: Lottery payments are similar to structured settlements in that an investor is purchasing future lottery payments from the original recipient at a discount.
The main difference is that lottery payments are typically paid by the individual state that sponsors the lottery and are backed by either pre-purchased treasury instruments or the states taxing power. Structured settlements are backed by insurance companies.
Secure income today and in the future
Create tax efficient positions for liquidity
Get higher yield
Provide tax efficient long term care coverage
And build tax free leverage for wealth transfer plans
- Tax efficiency is an area where we excel
We have many excellent short term choices, as well as, many excellent options for those investors who don’t mind taking longer positions for the right return.
- We also like to educate clients how we treat income differently than yield. We discuss income as what a client needs to cover their expenses. We discuss yield as the money that in not spent but is reinvested.
- We believe everyone should have a chronic illness plan which basically answers the question: “What is your plan if you were to get sick this year and need care?” For many years long term care insurance was the only available option for retirees to consider.
- Over the past few years, however, companies have responded to a marketplace that has been requesting more choices. We are expert at the best current options available and will continue to keep up with all the latest product developments as they occur.
- How we position these free long term care benefit options with our clients will vary depending on whether they need income from their investments to cover their expenses or they don’t.